Follow the recipe below to make Ezra's oatmeal cookies with extra cinnamon (just the way Daniel likes them!). Share your feedback in the comments below.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
Makes: 26-30 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon (or more to your liking!)
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
1 cup raisins
- Cream the room temperature butter and both sugars using a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed until smooth - about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs. Mix on high speed until combined - about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and molasses. Mix on high speed until combined - set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients - mix on low until combined.
- Beat in the oats and raisins on low speed - dough will be thick and sticky.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 2 Tablespoon sized balls of dough and place 2 inches a part on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.